Burry Port & Gwendraeth Valley Railway (Note: Numbers in brackets refer to specific references)
Another small Welsh company, only 21 miles in length, opened in stages between 1859 and 1891. It officially began a passenger service in 1913 (engineered by the famous Col. Stephens) although unofficial and illegal passenger services had been operating for some time. It was notable for the restricted loading gauge on the line up the Gwendraeth valley which meant that small four wheel passenger coaches were in use until the end of passenger services in the 1960's. Subsequently coal trains were hauled by pairs of class 03 and later class 08/9 locomotives with specially reduced roof heights. Passenger traffic ended in 1953 and the Gwendraeth valley line finally closed in March 1996.
Freight stock was painted grey with black underframes, van and brake van roofs were white and the initials used were B.P. & G.V.R. painted on the side of all rolling stock.
Fig ___ BP&GVR
Great Western Way - J. N. Slinn - HMRS - 1978/79/85 - ISBN 0 902835 09 2
This book details the livery practice of the GWR and also briefly covers the principal liveries of absorbed companies. There are not as many photographs as one might wish but there are plenty which suggest modelling ideas.